Systems Engineer – Malaga/Remote
✨ Meaningful human contact makes life magic!
Enreach is a company that adds value to its clients and believes in the professional growth of people.
To support our numerous development teams designing, building, and deploying the various services that our customers love, we need a solid infrastructure. This infrastructure runs in various data centres in the Netherlands and Germany, and provides various types of IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS solutions for our internal teams. From bare metal servers to container platforms. From iSCSI LUNs, to object storage. Even fully managed databases are part of our portfolio. Our tech stack contains Linux (mostly Ubuntu, but also some Debian and CentOS), VMware, Zabbix, Ceph, Netapp, F5 BigIP, various Atlassian products, Graylog, Grafana, Dell Poweredge servers, Ansible, Puppet, and a wide range of other Open-Source Software. We maintain about 700 bare metal servers and around 500 VMs.
You will be working in an international team, currently based in the Netherlands (Almere) and Spain (Malaga). Together with your colleagues, you are responsible for designing, building, and operating the infrastructure and helping out colleagues with any infrastructure-related matters. Most of our work comes in the form of projects that either come from stakeholders, or we define ourselves, and we cut up into smaller stories for our Kanban board. In addition, we also receive questions, changes, and incidents via our ticketing system or our monitoring system.
More Specifically, Your Tasks Will Include
- Building, operating, and maintaining the various infrastructure services and platforms we provide
- Providing support to various internal teams using our infrastructure
- Provisioning infrastructure for our internal customers
- Automating everything… well, as much as you can, so we can spend time on the cool things
- Be part of an on-call rotation to fix those corner cases which we didn’t foresee
- Performing capacity planning and extending the capacity of existing infrastructure
- Monitoring performance and uptime of our internal services
- Testing redundancy and backups of our infrastructure services
WHAT DO WE EXPECT OF YOU?
- Experience with designing, building, and operating IT infrastructure that runs production systems with high uptime and performance requirements.
- Vast experience with Linux.
- Experience with VMware vSphere and preferably Veeam.
- Experience with some of the tools in our technology stack, or tools that can be used for similar tasks
- Experience with at least one scripting/programming language (we use Bash, Python, and some PHP, but any similar language will do, as long as you’re open to learn).
- You really enjoy open-source software and are able to learn about new software you haven’t used before relatively quickly.
- You can work together with people from numerous different backgrounds, located in different countries, who have different ways of working.
- Feel comfortable working in a self-steering environment where you are expected to make your own decisions driving the company’s purpose.
- You love working in a team, sharing knowledge, learning from others, and together work towards our common goal, but also feel comfortable working on individual tasks and projects.
- Your English speaking is fluent.
- You are communicative enough to talk to team members as well as members from other teams about our infrastructure.
- Like to work hard and play hard.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM ENREACH?
- For this position, we offer a permanent contract
- Our flexible working hours make it easier to get a life-work balance ⏰
- We have a “summer schedule” to enjoy sunny days
- We believe in working hard and rewarding effort
- Our great colleagues make an amazing atmosphere at work!
- At Enreach we enjoy an informal culture with plenty of room for creativity and personal growth, boosting different kinds of training, also we have language lessons at work!
- We have a “hybrid way of working” that allows us to choose between working anywhere in Spain or in our Malaga office
- We love to create memorable experiences, that is why we enjoy organizing social events to gather with colleagues a few times per year to boost the team bonding
- In our office, you can find a wide range of funny activities like playing board games, ping pong, video games, playing the guitar, eating fresh fruit, enjoying tasty coffee, or even drinking a beer with colleagues 🎯🎮
- We like to practice sports and outdoor activities together🚴
If all of this sounds interesting to you and you would like to be the new member of our family, do not hesitate to apply for the vacancy!